The UT Austin Portugal Program is a multidisciplinary partnership between the University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) and the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), in close collaboration with Portuguese universities, research institutions, and industrial affiliates.
The Program is supported by a group of industrial partners who bring guidance and resources to the Program.
The UT Austin Portugal Program is established in close collaboration with Portuguese industry affiliates and other organizations who actively contribute to the research, education, and researcher exchanges conducted within the program, as well as to the innovation and industry-related initiates.
From the exchange programs to the research calls, UT Austin Portugal collaborates with industrial partners and affiliates. These direct-engagement activities complement the overall raft of the program areas, solidifying the relationships between industry and academia. Since 2018, the following organizations are involved with the Program:
- Hospital Professor Doutor Fernando Fonseca, EPE (HFF, EPE)
- Centro Hospitalar Cova da Beira (CHCB)
- Labfit – Health Products Research and Development Lda (HPRD Lda)
- Instituto de Física dos Materiais (IFIMUP)
- Nanohmics (Nanohm)
- Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso, FP (FGF)
- Instituto de Investigação em Vulcanologia e Avaliação de Riscos (IVAR/Uaçores/UAçores)
- Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera, I. P. (IPMA)
- ENIGMA VIRTUAL, LDA
- Sociedade Afonso Chaves (SAC)
- TEKEVER Autonomous Systems, Lda (TEK-AS)
- Associação para a Promoção da Investigação em Design e Arte (ESAD IDEA)
The UT Austin Portugal Program was launched in 2007, funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) under goPORTUGAL – Global Science and Technology Partnership Portugal. The initiative is promoted by the Portuguese Government through the agreement for international cooperation in science, technology and higher education, with FCT, supported by the Council of Rectors of Portuguese Universities (CRUP).