Are you passionate about embedded systems? Do you enjoy finding a simple solution for a complex problem? Would you like to participate in the end-to-end development of intelligent payloads for nano-satellites? Our 2019 Strategic Research Project uPGRADE is looking for a Hardware Engineer!
- Requirements analysis and definition, analysis and implementation of embedded system designs from concept to hardware, including procurement of processing units, external volatile and non-volatile memory, hardware interfaces, storage devices, sensors, actuators and power conditioning electronics;
- Design, analysis, documentation, verification, and test of digital electronics hardware for aerospace applications, both at a component level and at the product (integrated) level;
- Participate in the identification of parts of algorithms or functions suitable for hardware acceleration, followed by design, analysis, documentation, verification, and test of hardware acceleration IP cores;
- Design, test, and procurement of printed circuit boards;
- Design test plans and deliver verification and validation test reports for embedded system designs.
- Degree in computer sciences, electronics or robotics engineering (or equivalent);
- Solid design skills associated with electronics hardware with experience in verification and validation of designs;
- Experience in software for designing printed circuit boards (PCB);
- Experience in electronics test and debugging skills;
- Familiarity with standard interface protocols such as Ethernet, SpaceWire, RS-422, CAN, SPI and I2C;
- Independent English speaker.
- C/C++ programming;
- Experience in developing algorithms for hardware implementation (ex: micro-controllers such as Atmel, PIC and other development platforms);
- Experience in VHDL, FPGA design tools, simulation tools, clock routing and management, synchronous design and worst-case timing analysis preferred.
Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.